Compassion

Wednesday, October 30, 2013


University Launches Certificate in Music for Social Change

Chicago's North Park University has added a new music certificate to its program based on what's called the "El Sistema" movement/philosophy bit. Basically, it teaches music students to use their talents to give back to their community and create social change through free after school music programs.

Now, to be fair, this article contains the sole knowledge I have surrounding El Sistema. I've never heard of it before. But I will never argue with free music education, especially not when it connects such fresh university students who just want to give back to their community, because guess what, I'm only 2 years out from my degree, and I've already learn 10k times more through personal experience than I ever did in a classroom (to be fair, it has been largely different information, but still.).

Has anyone heard of or used this philosophy, or seen it working in your community? If so, I'd love to chat with you, pros and cons, possibilities, ect. Comment peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment