Compassion

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Berlin the new New York of Classical Music?

Berlin and Classical Music

This NY Times article talks about the rush of classical musicians to Berlin within the last several years and the rise of classical music there. Many say it is musically what New York was 30 years ago, with all the benefits and less craziness.

Now I've never been to Berlin, but I love anything that advances classical music throughout society and also provides much needed and deserved jobs for the musicians who make all of this possible, and now it makes me want to go to Berlin! But I'm scared because I don't know German and I'm having a hard enough time learning French right now (and Spanish never did stick, even after 3 years of classes). Think it would work anyway?

Hobey-ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment