Compassion

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Notate Me App


Digital Notation, Like You Imagined It’d Work: Draw Into iPhone, iPad, Android

This thing is FANTASTIC. It's not even out in full yet (you can buy the beta right now), but I heard about it several months ago during it's Kickstarter or Indiegogo or whatever campaign and it was the best support I've ever given. I am so excited about the potential for this. I know it will have some bumps along the way until it actually is as awesome as the programmers want it (and expect it) to be, but especially when you consider how expensive other programs like Finale and Sibelius are (not to mention the drama around Sibelius recently...if you're not aware, shoot me a comment and I'll update you), and how convenient to have this kind of program literally in your pocket for on the go notation, the benefits and uses are endless.

There's been some fuss that the learning curve is high, but isn't that how it is on any program like that? If you really need it, you'll learn quick. If you don't, you probably didn't need the app to begin with.

Have anybody used this yet? Please tell me your opinion! If I had an iPad I'd totally have it, but right now I'm still close enough to my University that I can just run into their computer lab with midi keyboards and bust anything out of Sibelius quick enough.

Hobey-ho!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so update the foolishly uninformed about the Sibelius drama... somehow it completely passed me by!

    ReplyDelete